You would have already introduced Google Now to your family, showing off its features. I am talking about introducing your family to Google Now, and not the other way around.
By introducing your family to Google Now, or telling Google Now who your mom is, or dad is, you get to give voice commands like, “Call Mom”.
Here is how you set this up:
- Open Google Now and tap the microphone button at the top
- Say “Call my …” appended by the person you wish to call (mom, brother, wife, grandfather, etc.).
- If you have yet to assign a relationship to that name, you’ll be prompted again to speak the person’s name.
- Tap to confirm the name, or pick from your contacts manually.
- If there are multiple numbers associated with the contact, select your preferred number for voice dialing.