How many is Gmail’s “Many”? Because Google just tells you there are “many” when you search inside Gmail. “Showing 20 of so many” it tells you. I have got a tip to share, thanks to The Google System. This simple steps tells you how to find the exact number of search results in Gmail.
- Search for something.
- Click the “select” checkbox next to “Refresh” to select all the messages from the page
- Click the new link that shows up: “Select all conversations that match this search”
- From the labels dropdown list, create a new label for temporary use (Click Create New > Enter new name > Create)
- All the messages for the search results will be added to this label.
- From the labels list, view messages under the newly created label and you will see the total number of emails on the top right corner. Yes, this time you will see the exact number not Google’s speculation “many”
Well, you see 6 steps there, but it is really easy to do. Try it out!