Google Hangouts is the redesigned and re-engineered version of Google Talk. It may not be perfect like Gtalk used to be, yet, but it is a beautifully designed app. When the hangouts app meets Apple’s new and redesigned iOS 7, things look more shiny. Here is a quick walk-through.
Installing Google Hangouts for iOS 7
Installation steps are more or less the same, but the redesign has changed how it looks and feels like. Here is how it looks like on the apps store. You touch the cloud with down arrow to download and install the app.
The app icon shows up on your menu while download is in progress.
Once app is installed, launch it to start the set up.Touch Get started
Sign in using your Google account. The app will request your permission to send push notifications. You will also get an option to change the photo, in case you want to add a new one. Otherwise, touch the arrow on the top right corner and get in!
The settings page has the following options:
- Snooze notifications: You can either turn it off, or snooze it for 1, 2,4, 8, 24 or 72 hours
- Customize new requests: You can turn this on or off, and customize it across your Google Plus circles.
- Hangout requests: This lists pending hangout requests
- Archives Hangouts: Lists achieved hangouts
- Blocked people: Lists blocked people
- Add account: You can add a new account from here.
You also get an option to signout here.
Stay tuned for more tips 🙂