I love Google Keep for its simplicity. However, what makes me excited about it is the hope that Google will soon add more features to this neat app making it even more useful. Linking it deeper with Chrome OS and Android will definitely be a huge plus.
This page is my collection of Google Keep tips. I will update this page frequently adding and updating tips and tricks for keeping Keep awesome!
Google Keep Tips and Tricks
- Make Google Keep your default app on Android for “note to self” command.
- Convert an existing list to a to-do list by tapping “show checkboxes” in the Keep menu.
- Save the title of a web page and the URL to a new note. Use the share option from your favorite browser
- Reorder notes: long press a note and drag it to a different position.
- Duplicate a note: open it, tap the share button and select Keep.
- Remove a recording by tapping “x” next to the audio player. You can also remove photos in the same way.
- Get permalinks for your notes: open the Google Keep site in a desktop browser, switch to the grid view and click a note.
- Download voice recordings: open Keep in a desktop browser, click a note, mouse over the voice recording and click “Download”.