I got Android 7.1.1 update on my Pixel phone yesterday and started using Reliance JIO SIM card with it. Only problem so far? The constant “Device is HD Capable” message that I cannot dismiss.
This notification is to let users know that HD VoLTE calls are supported on the device and network.
Important: If you are on Reliance JIO or any other VoLTE network, this will remove the ability to make calls from the regular Phone app.
Remove “Device is HD Capable” Notification
Here is how to disable it. However, it is NOT recommended you do this, because it disables another feature. This is a temporary workaround. I will update this post when there is a newer, better solution is available.
- Go to Settings and choose More under Wireless & networks.
- Touch Cellular networks.
- Toggle Enhanced 4G LTE Mode off.
This should remove that “Device is HD Capable” notification from your Android phone.
Remove “Device is HD Capable” From Lock Screen
There is a way to remove this from the lock screen (but not the notification that you see after unlocking the phone will remain). Follow these steps:
- Slide down notification shade and tap and hold on the Gear icon. This will enable system UI Tuner and you will see a confirmation message.
- Go to Settings > System UI Tuner > other >Power Notification Controls >Turn them on.
- Open notification shade and slide the persistent notification towards right (just a little), you will see a gear icon.
- Tap the gear icon, tap the blue ‘A’, this will disable automatic priority setting for this notification.
- Slide the level down to Level 1. This will disable lock screen message, status bar icon, and notification will appear last in the list of all notifications.
(Thank you Nikhil for the workaround!)