What do you do when a Moto 360 lands on your desk as a wedding anniversary gift? (thanks wifey!) You start collecting and sharing Android Wear tips and tricks! (At least that’s what I am doing with my gift!)
Android Wear Tips and Tricks
- Retrieve dismissed notifications: If you accidently dismissed a notification on your watch, you can retrieve it: swipe up from the bottom of the screen immediately. You will see “Dismissing” and a countdown. Tap the undo icon and the notification card will be back up on your watch’s screen. This however, works only if you act quick enough!
- Install some extra watch faces: Google Play has a collection of Android Wear Watch Face apps. You can find them all here.
- Listen to Music without connecting to your phone: Android Wear watches can download some music onboard so that you can listen to it even when the connected phone isn’t near by. This is useful when you go out for a walk or run. Here is how to set this up.
- Try Google Now Commands: Many of the Google Now voice commands work on Android Wear. Try a few today!
- Save Battery Life: To save battery life, disable “Ambient screen” from Settings. Once enabled, you will need to tap the screen or press the button (if your watch has one) to turn the display on. This however saves a lot of battery juice.