Google Now gets better with each update. Google keeps adding new voice commands and cards with each update. This page keeps track of such changes, and collects the best of Google Now Cards and voice commands.
Now that Google Assistant is here, most of these voice commands work with the Assistant too. If you have a Pixel phone, Assistant is available from any part of the screen. Touch and hold the home button to access it. On other phones, you might need Google’s Allo app to try Assistant. However, this does not have voice commands.
Google Now Tips and Tricks
Here is a (growing) list of tips and tricks for Google now.
- You can launch Google Now in many ways. Here are a few:- Swipe up the Google icon from the lock screen shortcuts
- – Long press the home button
– Touch the microphone icon on the Google Search widget
– When you already have Google Now open, you can say “Google” followed by the voice command to do something new.
- Type in calc to open up an online calculator right within search results.
- Swiped away some of those cards and trying to retrieve them? Disable and Enable Google now to retrieve them.
- Speed up Google now by disabling “Search Applications Provider“
- Speed Up Google Now with This Simple Tweak
- For traffic alerts for Home and Work, set your home and work locations. Go to My Places in Google Maps and click on the arrow next to “Home” and “Work” and select edit. Type in the full address.
- Search for a TV show, and look for “Remind you about new episodes?” link. Click this to let Google Now remind you of new episodes.
- Introduce Your Family to Google Now so that you can say “call mom” or “send text to dad”
Easter Eggs; Let’s Have Some Fun!
Let us start with some fun stuff! Try these!
- “Do a barrel roll”
- “What’s the loneliest number?”
- “Make me a sandwich!”
- “When am I?”
- “Okay Jarvis, …” (Instead of “Okay Google, …”)
- “Who are you?”
- “How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.”
- “Beam me up, Scotty!”
- Say “Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right”, and Google will answer: “Cheat mode unlocked, unlimited free Google searches”. This is the Konami cheat code originally used for Nintendo games.
Google Now Voice Commands
An exhaustive list of Google Now voice commands collected from the interwebs. (Special thanks to this XDA thread)
Latest Google Now Voice Commands
This section keeps track of the latest Google Now voice commands
- You can now say “take a picture’ or “record videos” to use your camera!
- Just say Play Some Music to play your I’m feeling lucky radio on Google Play Music.
- Say ‘Cancel’ followed by the subscription you wish to terminate.
Know of something new? Drop me a comment!
Basic Google Now Voice Commands
There are some basic commands that will help you get started with Google Now. Here is a quick list, along with some examples.
- “Search for ”: “Search for Google Tips Blog ”: This will do your regular Google Search for the keyword you specify after “Search for”
- “What is ”: “What is Android”
- “Who invented ”: Who invented cellphones”
- “What is the meaning of ”:
- “Who is married to”:
- “Capacity of ”:
- “Show me the stocks for ”:
- “Author of ”:
- “How old is ”:
Time & Date Google Now Voice Commands
- “What time is it in ”
- “When is the day in ”
- “When is the sunset in ”
- “What is the time zone of ”
- “Time at home”
Weather Related Google Now Voice Commands
- “Is it going to rain tomorrow”
- “Do I need an umbrella”
- “Should i bring a Jacket today”
- “Will it snow this week”
- “What’s the weather in ”
- “How’s the weather on going to be”
Maps & Navigation Google Now Voice Commands
- “Map of ”
- “Show me the nearby on map”
- “Where is situated”
- “ in ”
- “Navigate to on car”
- “How far is from ”
Calculations & Conversions Using Google Now
- “How much is times ”
- “What is percent of ”
- “Square root of ”
- “ ….. equals”
- “What is the numerical value of Pi”
- “Convert into ”
- “Temperature of the sun”
Google Now Commands for Sports Lovers
- “ points table”
- “Who won the last match between and ”
- “ scorecard”
- “schedule of games”
Browsing the Web using Google Now
- “Go to ”
- “Open ”
- “Show me ”
- “Browse to ”
Music, Movies and Entertaiment on Google Now
- “Listen to ”
- “Play ”
- “YouTube ”
- “When was the first episode of ”
- “ movies”
- “Who acted in ”
- “Who is the producer of ”
- “When was released”
- “Runtime of ”
Add Notes & Reminders using Google Now
- “Remind me to at ”
- “Wake me up in ”
- “ at ”
- “Self note to ”
- “Set alarm for
Calls, Email and SMS with Google Now
- “Call ”
- “Send to ”
- “Call in ”
- “Email to , B C C , Subject , message ”
Image Search Using Google Now
- “Images/photos/pictures of ”
- “Photos of at sunset”
- “Images of ”
- “Show me the photos of at ”
- “Logo of ”
Hope you learned something new today. If you found this page useful, please share it with your friends!